One of the most amusing parts of the trip was the sleeping part. We bought Olivia a tent to sleep in since she would only say "no" as we neared a pack and play and cried when we tried putting her into it. The tent can zip shut so we figured we could keep her contained. It took a little while to get her to go to sleep in it. Every time I walked away she would bolt out of the tent and run screaming toward me. This happened twice before she finally stayed put. After all this, I was afraid she would freak out if she was trapped in the tent, so we never zipped it shut. Fast forward to Sunday morning when we were shocked and extremely happy that both kids had slept the entire night. I peeked out to see how they were both doing. Emilia was dozing peacefully in the pack and play. Olivia was asleep as well, although not in the tent. She was laying just outside the tent, face plastered onto the hotel carpeting. Yes, this still grosses me out just thinking about it, but whatever, she slept through the night. I'm keeping an eye out for mysterious rashes or illnesses caused from planting your face on a hotel room floor, but nothing so far.
It was great to see everyone and see Olivia interact with them all. She warmed up to everyone very quickly and had a great time, wearing herself out even more than she already was from the strange day.
We love you all lots! Here are some pictures from the day:






We had our first long trip to Cincinnati this past weekend. It went surprisingly well! I pictured two screaming kids in the back set of the car for 8 hours each day.
No comments:
Post a Comment