Sunday, January 24, 2010

16 weeks



I'm officially in the second trimester now. Still feeling pretty good. I've noticed that pregnancy's starting to affect my sleep already though. I used to be a stomach sleeper (that went away months ago!). Then I switched to my back and now depending on who you listen to, I'm not supposed to do that after: 16 weeks, or 20 weeks, or whenever your legs start feeling tingly because the weight of your abdomen is cutting off the blood flow to them and the baby... Why do you need to feel your legs when your asleep anyway? So now I'm in the toss and turn cycle of the left side to the right all night long. Some days I sleep well, others not so much. I did break down and get one of the body pillows that's supposed to make sleeping on your side all that much better. I can't say that it's helping all that much, but I'm not going to get rid of it either, so it is doing something. I know that the sleeping problems are only going to get worse, so I'm doing whatever I can to get a good night's sleep now before they go away forever!

Speaking of, it's nearing that time for me, so this will be short. Off to get ready to crawl into bed by 9:00pm. Yes, that is the current norm. 10:00pm would be a late night for me right now!

No comments:

Post a Comment