
Okay, so it's starting to stick out. If you don't know me well and/or I'm wearing something baggy, you probably haven't noticed yet, but I'm finding it increasingly hard to find baggy shirts to camouflage it at work. Good thing I plan on making the announcement next week!
Here's my question about the belly though - Sure my uterus has expanded to fit the growing baby (currently measuring in at 2.7"), but it's still only grown a few inches up from the pelvic bone. Has it really grown that much to push all my other insides up and out to form that belly? Obviously the answer is yes, but it just doesn't seem possible. The part that sticks out isn't baby yet.
I'm still feeling pretty good. The insatiable hunger seems to be calming down a bit (maybe that's where the belly came from), although I'm told that will probably start up again soon. I'm still working out almost every morning. One thing about working out that I find backwards - my abs will start to get sore if I don't work them out every couple of days. If I'm sitting in a weird way and sneeze or cough I'll sometimes get a sharp shooting pain in the side of my abs. However, if I work out the abs every few days, it stops that from happening. They say at a certain point that I just won't want to do ab workouts anymore, at this rate I certainly hope not!
Hi
ReplyDeleteI know all too well those annoying sharp shooting pains. From what Im told its the ligament stretching...so doing the workouts probably helps keep it loose.
Congrats again and you look cute with a baby bump :)
Jennifer
You look beautiful!!!
ReplyDeleteI was so frustrated when I started showing that early, because the baby was still tiny! But I think you're right - you're body starts to change for all kinds of reasons. I think even your volume of blood increases very early in pregnancy, by a freakishly large amount. Weird! :-)